About the position
ABOUT FAITHFUL CROSSINGS:
For years, Faithful Crossings has been known for their rich, family harmonies, original songs, and their powerful testimonies of God's great faithfulness. Their music spans the generations, touching hearts, both young and old.
Their current CD, "Farther Down the Road-Songs for the Journey," has had 3 consecutive charting songs and the title song, "Farther Down the Road," crossed over to #13 on the Singing News Bluegrass charts. They have been played and featured on radio stations across the country, have been played on the Nationally Syndicated Les Butler & Friends Bluegrass Gospel Radio Show and have sang on stage with many of Gospel Music's greats!
Faithful Crossings is made up of husband & wife team, Curtis & Tammy Sumner, with their daughter, Lauren Sumner, specializing in intricate harmony vocals from low alto to high soprano. Lauren has decided to step down from her position with Faithful Crossings to pursue her calling into Children's Ministry. She will be greatly missed but we know that God has a plan for her life and we're very proud of her decision to follow where she believes God is leading.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A MEMBER:
- HUMBLE... you must be humble. No matter how wonderful your voice is- a proud attitude can ruin it.
- Vocal range: low tenor (male) or a female with an extremely wide vocal range (you will need to sing the high harmony above Tammy's lead and an occasional low harmony below Curtis' lead).
- Must have the ability to hear/sing tough harmonies easily
- Must have a heart for ministry and people.
- Good stage presence is very important
- Ability to learn new music quickly- 80% of our music is original and we do not use lyric sheets in concerts
- MUST be saved and live a conservative, Christian lifestyle
- MUST live within a reasonable drive of Raymore, MO (no exceptions)
Vocalist must be available most weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) for concerts as well as some flexibility for longer trips a few times each year.
NECESSARY TIME COMMITMENT:
We are part-time and mostly travel on weekends but there will be a few times during the year that we will need to travel during the week. Practices are also currently held on the weekends.
If you are interested in this position, we'd love to get to know you a little better! Please fill out the application on this page and we will be in touch with you soon! If you don't hear back from us within 24 hours of submitting the application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you submitted an application (occasionally they get lost in cyberspace).
IMPORTANT: After applying, please email a 2-song demo that best represents your voice to email@example.com