About the position
WHY IS THERE AN OPEN POSITION?
We have been blessed to sing with our daughter but she is heading off to college soon and we are interviewing now to ensure that we have enough time to find the right person for the position and get them concert-ready.
NECESSARY TIME COMMITMENT:
We are part-time and mostly travel on weekends but there will be a few times during the year that we will need to travel during the week.
Practices are also currently held on the weekends.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A MEMBER:
- Vocalist’s range needs to be a high soprano (female) or high baritone (male).
- Vocalist must have the ability to hear and sing harmonies extremely well (able to pick harmonies up quickly without having to "learn" the part)
- Must have a heart for ministry and good stage presence (no divas, please).
- MUST be saved and live a conservative, Christian lifestyle
MUST live within a reasonable drive of Raymore, MO (Practices are held at our home where our sound system is set up)
Vocalist must be available most weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) for concerts as well as some flexibility for longer trips a few times each year.
THE APPLICATION/INTERVIEW PROCESS:
(This may seem like a long process but please don't let it keep you from applying- we know God has already prepared the vocalist we need and we are excited to get to know you!)
- The first step is to fill out the application on this page
- After filling out the application, please email a vocal demo or video to email@example.com
- If you are a good fit for us, we will then set up a phone interview
- After the phone interview, we will send you a song to learn the harmony part to and have you record yourself singing it. (This used to be an "in person" process but we have had so many applicants that we are running out of time to meet everyone in person).
- If the harmony vocal is a good blend with us we will then set up a time to meet with you. At the meeting we'll talk about goals, plans for the ministry and just get to know each other a little better. We'll also sing a few songs together to see how the blend is in person.
We'd love to get to know you a little better so, please fill out the application on this page and we will be in touch with you soon! If you don't hear back from us within 24 hours of submitting the application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you submitted an application. Occasionally they get lost in cyberspace.